Truesdell Animal Care Hospital and Clinic

Health & Travel Certificates

Pets make great travel companions. Please let us know about your travel plans with your pet as soon as possible so we can schedule an examination appointment and prepare the proper forms.

Traveling With Your Pet

Before traveling to a different state, your pet will need a physical exam and a Certification of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) by an accredited veterinarian. The CVI is (typically) valid for 30 days. Some states require additional tests and treatments. Hawaii is the most stringent state because it is rabies-free.

International travel is more complicated and may require months of preparation depending on your destination. In general, your furry traveling companion must be microchipped, current on required vaccinations, contagious disease and parasite-free, and have a health certificate endorsed by the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) - Veterinary Services.

You may find more information on pet travel at the following websites:

Join the Truesdell Animal Care Hospital and Clinic Family Today!

Just minutes from downtown Madison, Truesdell Animal Care Hospital and Clinic is located 5 miles from city center off of US-51.

Phone: 608-244-2555

Send Us A Message!

  • Monday:
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
  • Thursday:
  • Friday:
  • Saturday:
  • Sunday:

Monday-Thursday mornings